You are here
This online procedure contains:
After you receive your renewed State of Michigan license, update your Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) in eResearch Animal Management (eRAM).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help or more information.
To order, store, and administer controlled substances for use in research, you must first obtain a State of Michigan (SOM) researcher controlled substance license.
Apply for a New SOM Research License
Applications for state licenses are made online at the State of Michigan Bureau of Professional Licensing - MiPlus website. A MiPlus account must be created prior to completing the license application.
- When creating the MiPlus account, register as an individual
- Enter your mailing address during account creation (the storage address will be entered in the license application)
- After the account is created, you may begin the application process
Key Information: Fingerprinting
You will receive the following information from the SOM once your application has been received:
- Live Scan Request Form
- Customer ID number
- Instructions for fingerprinting
When scheduling your fingerprinting appointment, provide the U-M Agency ID Number (71734k). At your appointment, provide the completed Livescan Request Form (provided by the SOM after your application is received) and a valid form of photo identification (e.g., driver’s license, state or federal identification).
The table below lists tips to complete the Attachments section of the online SOM license application. Compile this information in a separate document and add it as an attachment to your online application.
Attach an NIH biosketch or other relevent curriculum vitae information.
|Controlled substance list and dose||
List all the controlled substances to be stored for research purposes at the location by:
|Drug storage and security procedures||
Identify the storage mechanism to be used. For example:
Describe the security measures to be used. For example:
Indicate that appropriate records will be maintained, including an authorized personnel list, inventories, and usage records
List the names and job titles of the personnel who:
State of Michigan License Renewal
State of Michigan license renewal applications are also made online at State of Michigan Bureau of Professional Licensing - MiPlus website.
- Create your MiPlus account (if you haven't already)
- Log in to MiPlus and choose "Licenses" from the Account Management page. Choose the license to be renewed and follow the online instructions. Note: when you come to the Drug Storage Location page, the site won't allow you to enter any new information - just click past this page to get to the payment page.