You are here
Annual Review of a Conflict Situation
All active COI Management Plans are reviewed on a regular basis (at least annually) to verify that the:
- Conflict situation still exists
- Individuals and their roles with the research or external entity are confirmed
- Appropriate individuals (e.g., ombudspersons) have a role in the management of the conflict
- Disclosure of the conflict situation has occurred (e.g., to students, in publications, etc.)
At this time, the conflicted individual and other individuals required to review a COI Management Plan receive an email with a link to the Annual Review (AR) in M-Inform. Using the AR, you will answer a series of questions to update the detail related to the management plan. Submission of your answers in M-Inform allows the COI Office to conduct the review, which may include revisions of the plan. Revisions require accepting the updated plan in M-Inform. (See the Responding to a COI Management Plan section for more information.)
Potential Annual Review Outcomes
Upon completion of the annual review, the COI Management Plan may have one of the following states:
- Under Management: The conflict situation continues to be managed via annual review.
- Management Ended – Awaiting Publication: The research project has ended, but the disclosure of the conflict of interest is required in subsequent publications or presentations of the research results.
- Management Ended: The research project has ended. Subsequent annual review for the conflict situation is not required.
- Conflict Eliminated: The relationship with the external entity has ended. Subsequent annual review for the conflict situation is not required.