- M-Inform Disclosure Criteria Lists the disclosure criteria with examples (as seen in M-Inform) for an outside interest, activity, or relationship.
- M-Inform Disclosure Questions (Sample) [PDF] Use this resource to assist disclosers in your unit. DO NOT use to submit disclosure information.
- M-Inform Glossary & FAQ
- M-Inform Outside Interest Disclosure Decision Tree Use this visual diagram to walk through the considerations to determine whether to disclose an outside interest/activity in M-Inform. Last updated: 06/18/2018.
- M-Inform Question #5 Mock-up for July 2017 Draft depiction of Question #5 in the M-Inform system displaying the updated options and text for 2017 (FY18) to describe a person's relationship or role with an external entity when disclosing an outside interest with that entity.
- Maintaining Department Information in M-Inform Instructions to assign M-Inform roles (e.g., unit reviewers of outside interests for the unit or an individual) and send M-Inform reminder emails to disclose to individuals.
- Outside Interest Disclosure Process
- Prepare/Update a Disclosure for Another in M-Inform M-Inform instructions for proxies (i.e., unit assistants) to data enter outside interest disclosures for another U-M discloser.
- Respond to a COI Management Plan (for conflicted individual) M-Inform instructions to access and respond to (i.e., accept) a Management Plan for a COI situation.
- Review an Outside Interest Disclosure in M-Inform M-Inform instructions to review and approve outside interest disclosures on behalf of the discloser's U-M unit.
- Review and Respond to a COI Management Plan (for ombudsperson, monitor, etc.) M-Inform instructions to view and respond to the COI Management Plan as an individual with an oversight role in the unit for the conflict situtation.
- Reviewer Demonstration Video demonstration of the Unit Reviewer workspace, tabs, and functions (e.g., approve disclosure, return disclosure) in M-Inform (2:33)
- Submit an Outside Interest Disclosure in M-Inform Instructions to add new, edit existing, and remove outside interests from your M-Inform disclosure, including restoring previously inactive outside interests.
- Submit Information for a Research Initiated Certification Instructions for a discloser to answer a series of follow-up questions regarding an outside interest disclosure from a COI Office using M-Inform.
- Submit Information for the Annual Review of your COI Management Plan (for conflicted individual) M-Inform instructions to access, answer, and submit the Annual Review questionnaire for a conflict of interest situation.
- Submit the Annual Review Response for a COI Management Plan (for ombudsperson, monitor, etc. M-Inform instructions for individuals in an oversight role (e.g., ombudsperson) to access, answer, and submit the Annual Review of a conflict of interest situation.
- U-M Reviewers: Points to Consider [PDF] U-M guidelines and tips for those who review faculty outside interest disclosures for their unit
- Update Your Company Profile in M-Inform Instructions to enter information about your start-up company in M-Inform. This information is required for the conflict of interest review at U-M when someone options, licenses, distributes, or commercializes intellectual property developed at the university.
Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research. http://www.michr.umich.edu/home.
MIchigan Research LibrarY Network. See: http://mirlyn.lib.umich.edu/.
During the project life-cycle, Awards can be changed for the following reasons:
- Incremental Funding
- Change to PI/Key Personnel
- No Cost Extension
- Budget Changes/Corrections
If ORSP determines that an Award Change Request should be a modification, ORSP will create an Award Modification. It will have its own ID (AWD000000-MOD000). The Award state will become Modification in Progress.
Tracking Award Modifications
Memorandum of Understanding
Michigan Chapter of Society of Research Administrators
Modified Total Direct Costs. The basis on which most U-M indirect costs are calculated (calculated as total costs minus equipment, tuition, patient care costs, and the portion of a sub-contract in excess of $25,000).