You are here
Log into M-Inform from the Faculty & Staff menu on Wolverine Access: http://wolverineaccess.umich.edu
As a U-M employee, student, or trainee, you must maintain a Company Profile in M-Inform if you develop a start-up company that does the following:
- Options, licenses, distributes, or commercializes intellectual property (e.g., technology) developed at the university, and/or
- Does other research-related business with the university (e.g., sponsors the research)
When a new start-up company is identified, either by the U-M Office of Technology Transfer or through the COI question on the proposal application form (PAF) in eResearch, the appropriate COI Office initiates a Company Profile in M-Inform. A system email is sent to you, as the UM Company Contact Person, as a notice to update the information in the Company Profile. The information you provide in the Company Profile assists the COI Offices in their review and management of potential conflicts of interest.
Researcher Roles & Responsbilities
As the UM Company Contact Person for the start-up company, you are responsible for:
- Initially completing the Company Profile in M-Inform
- Identifying U-M personnel and students affiliated with your company and their role with your company
- Updating the Company Profile in M-Inform, at least annually. This may be done as part of the COI Annual Review process.