You are here
- IRB-HSBS Educational Sessions, Winter 2015
All sessions are open to U-M faculty, staff, and students
E-mail email@example.com to register. Be sure to include your name and department.
Introduction to the IRB
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
The objectives of this session are:
- To review the underlying ethical principles that guide the work of the IRB
- To discuss the types of research regulated by the IRB, and
- To outline the process of IRB review at UM
Exempt, Not- Regulated, and Secondary Use
Tuesday, January 27, 2015
This session covers:
- Activities that are not subject to IRB oversight,
- Differences between not-regulated and exempt determinations,
- Specific categories of exemption, and
- Circumstances under which a "secondary use" application is appropriate
Working with Collaborators
Tuesday, February 10, 2015
This session addresses issues of ensuring that all collaborating researchers (non U-M affiliates) have appropriate IRB oversight while avoiding duplicate reviews. IRB Authorization, Individual Investigator, and Collaborating Institution Agreements are covered.
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
This session provides IRB-related guidance and resources for UM investigators engaged in international research.
NEW SESSION: Research versus Program Evaluation
Tuesday, February 24, 2015
This session covers distinctions between IRB regulated human subjects research and non-regulated program evaluations.